Off the Shelf 163 – James Papandrea
This week Jim Papandrea returns to discuss his book What Really Happens after We Die: How We Know There Will Be Hugs in Heaven! This is a great book that looks at the teachings of the Church, the Church Fathers, and saints to give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like. Join Jim and I as we pull back some of the layers of this great mystery and discuss why heaven will be so wonderful and why we shouldn’t fear death. Get your copy here.
From the publisher Sophia Institute Press
Here professor of Church history Dr. James Papandrea gathers in one place all that is known about the afterlife drawn from the teachings of Jesus, the Apostles, the Church Fathers, and the Church’s Magisterium affording, for the first time ever, a complete, authoritative, detailed portrait of the state of souls after death and the realms we enter. The following are among the many questions he answers:
- If, as St. Paul says, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, how can our bodies enter Heaven?
- After death but before the final resurrection, are we simply unconscious?
- What is our resurrection like? (And does it differ from Jesus Resurrection?)
- Are ghosts real? (You’ll be surprised at what the Church Fathers have to say.)
- What is the difference between Heaven and Paradise?
- Which of our parts will accompany us to Heaven (and which must be left behind)?
- In Heaven, do we still eat and drink?
- If, as Jesus says, there’s no marrying in heaven, are we still male and female there?
- After our resurrection, will we, like Jesus, be able to pass through matter?
- And many more fascinating questions answered!