The Patrick Coffin Show podcast features weekly interviews with A-list influencers and outliers in the effort to recover the Judeo-Christian roots of the culture. Patrick is the Canadian-born former host of Catholic Answers Live, and he has raving fans around the world. He injects these fascinating interviews with his own distinctive blend of depth and levity. If you’re tired of politically correct mediaspeak, you want to see God back in the public square, and you’re not allergic to having a laugh, you will love this podcast.
Dr. Carrie Gress
Carrie Gress is onto something extremely important. We all talk about the anti-Christ and toxic masculinity, but what about the anti-Mary and toxic femininity? Isn’t our culture marinating in both? Isn’t this a problem hiding in plain sight?
Dr. Gress is a writer, teacher, and candle-maker (and wife and homeschooling mom) whose latest book, The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture From Toxic Femininity, goes upstream from conventional thinking about feminism and the sexual chaos around us.
In this episode, you will learn
- The philosophical roots of second-wave feminism
- Why so many feminists are lesbian or pro-LGBT
- Why you can’t have the spirit of anti-Christ without the spirit of anti-Mary
- How differently some women are treated by the media elites, like Sarah Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Dana Loesch
- How the twin aims of feminism (take down motherhood and virginity) are resolved and healed in the person and mission of Our Lady (honored for 2000 years as Mother and Virgin)
- Why the answer to the toxicity is ever ancient, ever new: doing the will of God the Father in all thing
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity by Carrie Gress
- The Marian Option: God’s Solution to a Civilization in Crisis, by Carrie Gress
- Helena Daily a website of curated content from rising writer and old classics