For the past few days the Center for Medical Progress has released a total of five videos, spotlighting the horrific happenings at Planned Parenthood (PP). The documented fact that unborn babies have been experimented on, their parts used for everything from vaccines to taste-testing soda and cosmetics, comes as no surprise to those deep in the trenches of the pro-life movement. However, for others who are less inclined toward digging deep into what the main stream media hides, the exposure of the foul underbelly of the beast (PP) has been a shocking eye-opener.
As Catholic Christians we know that the taking of an innocent life is mortally sinful. We recognize these particular victims are not only killed but also dissected and studied, making the deed that much more abhorrent.
As pro-life advocates have tried for decades to expose this evil, their outrage and demands for accountability have been met with the stoic eyes of those who just don’t want to know. The uncomfortable truth is too difficult to bear; the impotence of not having recourse has stifled any thoughts of action. As the first video appeared much of that changed. No longer able to hide from simple printed words and the truthful accusations of those once found among the ranks of PP administrators or medical staff, the heartless words of current PP staff could not be denied. The subsequent videos lead us further and further into the dark, vile world of underground baby harvesting. The references of ‘bottom lines’, ‘line items’, and ‘specimens’ became the justification of human babies, pre-born and marketed as inventory.
After Blackout the Mainstream Media Responds
The first reaction by the mainstream media was a virtual blackout. Yet the furor raised, as the public outcry became too much to stifle. Cable news channels launched the first reports and then the story burst onto the news cycle – networks and newspapers alike began to give air time to the wretched story. The resulting snowball effect has been somewhat gratifying. It appears that headway is being made toward exposing the Mengelian beast that is Planned Parenthood.
• Slate published a piece disputing the claim that abortion is only a small percentage of income for the abortion giant.
• The New York Post exposed the foolishness of the same claim. In his piece, Rich Lowry mused, “The 3 percent figure is an artifice and a dodge, but even taking it on its own terms, it’s not much of a defense. Only Planned Parenthood would think saying that they only kill babies 3 percent of the time is something to brag about.”
• CNN’s Jake Tapper slammed the White House for not at least watching the videos. “The whole video is put up on the website of this anti-abortion group that put them out. You don’t have to watch just the edited version. You can watch the whole version.”
White House Spokesman Josh Earnest replied: “I’m relying on news reports that I’ve seen on people who’ve taken a look at this and raised questions about the videos themselves and there’s no doubt that this is an organization that has targeted Planned Parenthood for some time so they clearly have an ideological ax to grind.”
Backlash Against Selling Baby Body Parts
• With the undeniable truth about selling baby body parts exposed across the nation, by all sorts of media outlets, there has been a building momentum of backlash. To date, three states – Louisiana, New Hampshire, and Alabama have cut off funding to Planned Parenthood.
• Surprise inspections in four Florida clinics resulted in exposing a total of 65 illegal second trimester abortions in three clinics over the course of just two months. According to the Wall Street Journal, a fine of up to $500 can be levied for each violation. Florida Governor Rick Scott ordered the inspections after the release of the five, increasingly disturbing sting videos. Exposing proof the abortion giant is harvesting, brokering, and selling aborted baby body parts of aborted babies was instrumental in making his decision.
• In Texas, a criminal investigation of PP has begun. According to Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, he requested the inquiry because “The people of America and the people of Texas will not accept this callous attitude toward human life, and I will not accept it. I’ve asked the DA to immediately initiate a criminal investigation to see what laws, if any, have been broken in the state of Texas.”
• After the names of major company and organization sponsors were released many retreated. On the record, major companies such as Ford, Xerox, and Coca-Cola disavowed their funding of Planned Parenthood.
Experimentation On Babies Isn’t New
As outraged as the majority of the public are, they don’t realize the videos are old news. Marketing and exploiting the unborn preceded even the Roe vs. Wade decision. The Planned Parenthood exposé doesn’t lead to the first instance of horrific experimentation on fetuses.
As uncovered by Dr. Stacy Trasancos PhD in her recent article, Experiments on Intact Whole Live Fetuses and the Connection to Infant Formula, the depravity of the scientific world is unfathomable. Dr. Trasancos shares from the 1972 Pediatric Research journal – “…in all cases the heart continued to beat during the 10-min period and spontaneous movement was seen”), the cord was severed close to the fetus, and as much blood as possible was collected into a tube which contained heparin as anticoagulant. The fetal organs were quickly removed and dropped into liquid nitrogen.
What was the purpose of this Megelian experiment? The goal was to create a more nutritious formula for premature infants and sought to study the absorption of amino acids. In other words, they were killing babies in order to learn how to feed babies better.
Yet the Denials, Excuses, and Support Continue
• According the PP Clergy Advisors, “People who work for Planned Parenthood give care and respect to those in need, doing God’s work. For this we are grateful.”
• In response to an effort to defund Planned Parenthood, Senate Minority Leader, Harry Reid said, “Senate Republicans are not being fair to American women” and that they must “protect them from the absurd policies of a Republican Party that’s lost its moral compass.”
• Despite their deep pockets, plus our tax dollars, Planned Parenthood pleads poverty. Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, and his pediatrician wife donated $992.2 million to Planned Parenthood in 2013.
• Is the Obama administration on the customers’ list? A report in Politico states that one of the biotech firms mentioned in the undercover videos, Advanced Bioscience Resources, has had contracts with the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration since 2009.
• The big 3% Planned Parenthood services lie. Washington Post reporter, Janell Ross, helps to perpetuate the misinformation by repeating that, “All told, abortions comprise about 3 percent of all the services Planned Parenthood provides, according to the organization’s own data.” A closer look at the fuzzy math exposes a much different picture. A woman who pays between $300 and $1,000 for an abortion may account for numerous services. Pregnancy testing, RH testing, an ultrasound, and birth control – among other services – will have an equal accounting with the abortion. So a $1,000 abortion counts the same as a pack of condoms. All services not being monetarily equal, this system of reporting percentages gives a profoundly skewed picture. The truth of the matter is that abortions constitute a major money-maker.
What Happens Next is Up to Us
As the depravity of selling baby body parts continues to unfold and humanity awakes across the globe to the stark reality, we must continue to protect of the most helpless victims at the forefront. With constant vigilance and eyes wide open, it’s imperative that the momentum is maintained. The outrage of hearing a Planned Parenthood scientist exclaim that it’s ‘fun’ to dissect fetuses must not only spur us into prayerful action, but also fuel our minds and hearts with the courage and determination to stand strong on being part of the solution to this Culture of Death.
Please prayerfully consider sharing information with your family and friends.