Sorry, folks! I don’t look or sing anything like Ricky Martin, so there will be no accompanying video to this article (for this, you should be truly thankful). But in the new dark ages we now live in, it’s imperative that real Catholics stand up and fight for Christ and His Church, by both personalizing the Word of God and living like saints, not pop culture morons.
We now live in a world where what used to be called good is now called evil, and what used to be called evil is now called good (Isaiah 5:20). For example, up until 1930, all Christian churches considered artificial birth control to be a sin. Then, the Anglican Church, at its Lambeth Conference, declared that it was now okay in certain instances. As a reminder, the Anglican Church was created by Henry VIII in the 16th century, because Henry couldn’t conceive a male heir with his wife, Queen Catherine. Very ironic, I think. Since 1930, all Protestant churches have jumped on this “separation of sex and birth” bandwagon, even though God struck Onan down in Genesis 38:10, for spilling his seed on the ground. Methinks God was pretty serious when He told both Adam and Eve, and Noah, to “be fertile and multiply.” This command of God has been thrown out of the windows of all Protestant churches, and by cafeteria Catholics, who think that they know better than God about sex.
In each and every country where artificial birth control was allowed, abortion, or the murder of a child in the womb, soon followed. In America, the Pill came out in the early 1960’s, and the Supreme Court “passed” the abortion law in 1973 (I know the Supreme Court doesn’t pass laws, but in effect, that’s exactly what they did.) It seems that artificial birth control doesn’t work every time it’s tried, so our highest court provided a backup plan for the sexually active among us. So, now we not only have the mortal sins of adultery and fornication to deal with that are committed with the Pill, in addition, murder can also be had as a result of disobedience to God’s everlasting command to “be fertile and multiply.” Strangely, the newly discovered constitutional “right to an abortion” is based on the invisible constitutional “right to privacy.” By the way, I’m still looking for that in the US Constitution. Now with all of the NSA snooping going on with our smartphones, I’m pretty sure privacy is not an inherent right of all Americans. Maybe someone should tell that to the Supreme Court so that we can do away with abortion. It seems to me that Satan so hates the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the womb in which she bore Jesus, that he attacks the fruit of the womb with a vengeance. We are made in God’s image and likeness, after all, and this so infuriates Satan that he attacks mankind in the womb while this image and likeness is being created. The Bible does say that women will be saved through motherhood (1 Timothy 2:15), after all, and Satan wants all women (and men too) in hell, by denying them motherhood.
Homosexuality was once considered to be disgusting and deviant (Romans 1:26-27), but today, it seems to be the in-thing. I’m so old I can remember when homosexuals told us all that whatever went on in their bedroom was nobody’s business. Therefore, we should just leave them alone. Most of us bought into this argument, as it did make some sense. But today, they not only demand we acknowledge this deviant behavior as good, they indoctrinate our kids in schools, they demand the right to get married with all the societal benefits of heterosexual marriage, and they demand that persons who contribute to or endorse regular marriage be fired from their jobs. For now, they are only going after government entities through muddle-headed “tolerant” judges. (The Church will be the next point of attack for them.) Florists, cake makers, and photographers who refuse to provide their services to homosexual so-called “weddings” are being forced out of business by these un-American judges, who now say that the right to homosexual marriage (again, this is nowhere to be found in the US Constitution) somehow trumps the constitutional right to freedom of religion. Why? Because these judges think that freedom of religion is what goes on inside of a Church on Sunday, and doesn’t include what happens at work the other six days of the week. This is how the Nazi Party operated – Love Jesus on Sunday, kill Jews the other 6 days of the week.
There are numerous other modern day evils out there in this arid desert we live in now, like genetically modified food (Personally, I think God knew what he was doing when He made natural food for our natural bodies), embryonic stem cell research ( . . . calling Dr. Mengele, calling Dr. Mengele), doctor assisted suicide (Can you say “Hippocratic Oath?”), and child abuse. It seems the slippery slope that the Anglicans began in 1930 is now an all-out freefall into hell.
So, what’s a stand-up Catholic supposed to do in the new dark ages we live in to combat all of this satanic evil? Well, for starters, don’t participate in any of it. If you think you know better than the official Church teaching on sex, marriage, and life, you are basically saying that your 40-something year old brain is more intelligent than a 2000 year old Holy Spirit-guided Church. The same Church that has been present during the Roman Empire, the original Dark Ages, the Renaissance, the Protestant revolt, the Enlightenment, the Nazi pogrom of the Jews, and the Communist murders of over one hundred million people last century. It should be noted that the Church defeated the Roman Empire, even setting up its headquarters in their capital city, to this very day. We outlasted Nazis and Communists, as well. The Bible says that “he who hears you (the Church), hears ME; he who rejects you (the Church), rejects ME (Luke 10:16). Disobeying the Church, it seems, is disobeying Christ.
Here are a few more ways that you live life as an authentic Catholic:
- The Eucharist should take center stage in your life. Jesus suffered mightily during His Passion so that the Passover meal (to be FOREVER celebrated, Exodus 12:14) could be transformed into His eternal gift to mankind: His very body, blood, soul, and divinity offered up daily for our very own “marriage supper of the Lamb” (Revelation 19:9). “Give us this day our DAILY BREAD” means that we should really try to attend daily Mass where this heavenly bread (daily bread is a reference to supernatural manna from heaven) is offered for our salvation. The Eucharist gives us the will to avoid sin and to do the will of God, as well as forgiving our venial sins. Every stand-up Catholic should truly want this great gift from heaven, as often as possible.
- Increase your devotion to Mary – No Mary, no Jesus; know Mary, know Jesus. Mary always leads us to her son by the fastest and best way. Devotion to Mary is the pure imitation of Christ who was very devoted to His mother. Say the Rosary every day, because Satan runs from you like the devil (!) when you do.
- Pray from the heart more frequently. When you get up at night to go to the bathroom, see how many “Anima Christi’s” and Hail Mary’s you can say! Prayer opens up our hearts to God, and makes us humble.
- Get involved with Church ministries that help the poor and down-and-out. Jesus said that you won’t get into heaven unless you bolster your faith with good works (Matthew 25:31-40, James 2:24).
- SPEAK UP! Tolerance of evil is no virtue; rather, it’s a vice. Let people know what’s right and wrong. If you tell them, you just may be planting a seed that will save their soul!
© 2014. Ray Sullivan. All rights reserved.
Photography: See our Photographers page.